Welcome to the Breese Public Library
Our [temporary] hours of business:
Masks are required upon entering. Disposable masks are available for those who forget.
All returned books and other items are quarantined for 96 hours to limit the spread of COVID-19.
No-contact foyer pickup available 24/7. Call to arrange.
Featured New Releases
New Children’s Books
Monthly Library Board Meetings are open to the public and take place in the children’s room of the library.
The library is closed to observe Veteran’s Day. Thank you.
Library Operations to Limit Spread of Viruses
- Masks are required upon entering. Those who are unable to wear a mask or choose not to wear a mask can utilize our curbside service instead. Call us to arrange.
- All returned items are quarantined for 96 hour in a sealed container to limit the spread of COVID-19. Interlibrary loans are back up and running throughout the state of Illinois. All books are quarantined 96 days before they are sent from one library to another. (Illinois Heartland Library System policy)
- Disinfectant wipes are available in the public restroom for patrons to wipe their space before use.
- Desktop computers are separated to allow 6 feet separation. Technology sanitation wipes are located at each computer. Patrons are directed to wipe down the space before use.
- Assistance over the phone available Monday and Wednesday 10am-7pm and Friday 10am-4:30pm. Library cards can be issued over phone for patrons interested in e-books.
- Toys and manipulatives have been removed from the children’s room to limit spread of germs and viruses.
- Door knobs and commonly touched surfaces are sanitized daily.
- Deep cleaning occurs every Tuesday and Thursday.
- Foyer pickup available 24/7. Call to arrange.
- Book drop open 24/7.