Welcome to the Breese Public Library
WE ARE TEMPORARILY CLOSED DUE TO CONTACT EXPOSURE TO COVID. NO ITEMS CAN BE SHARED OR RETURNED AT THIS TIME.
It is important to us to stay honest with our patrons as we navigate this unusual time.
We find it to be our upmost priority to keep our building and materials safe. When we decide to reopen, this note will be edited.
Featured New Releases
New Children’s Books
Monthly Library Board Meetings are open to the public and take place in the children’s room of the library.
We will be closed to observe Labor Day. Thank you.
Library Operations to Limit Spread of Viruses
- Masks are required upon entering. Those who are unable to wear a mask or choose not to wear a mask can utilize our curbside service instead. Call us to arrange.
- All returned items are quarantined for 96 hour in a sealed container to limit the spread of COVID-19. Interlibrary loans are back up and running throughout the state of Illinois. All books are quarantined 96 days before they are sent from one library to another. (Illinois Heartland Library System policy)
- Disinfectant wipes are available in the public restroom for patrons to wipe their space before use.
- Desktop computers are separated to allow 6 feet separation. Technology sanitation wipes are located at each computer. Patrons are directed to wipe down the space before use.
- Assistance over the phone available Monday through Friday 10am-4:30pm and Wednesday evening until 7pm. Library cards can be issued over phone for patrons interested in e-books.
- Toys and manipulatives have been removed from the children’s room to limit spread of germs and viruses.
- Door knobs and commonly touched surfaces are sanitized daily.
- Deep cleaning occurs every Tuesday and Thursday.
- Foyer pickup available 24/7. Call to arrange.
- Book drop open 24/7.